A permaculture garden is being created
- First Summer in the Polytunnel2019 is our first summer having the Polytunnel and we're sharing our successes and failures that came along with it. We have absolutely loved it and couldn't have hoped for better results when it comes to our growing goals. We did come across some challenges including Managing the Environment. But we also learnt … Read more
- Growing Summer Hanging BasketsWe're sharing our experience from start to finish including which plants we used, compost, fertiliser and a review of the whole process. Including failures!
- First Spring In the PolytunnelWe have been busy for the last couple of months growing our seedlings indoors and transferring them to the tunnel in preparation for various growing projects.
- Installing the PolytunnelsSummer 2018 Creating a whole new growing environment Before we went for it and installed the tunnels we did a lot of research and tried to avoid the common fails, but we still had some epic ones including ripping a hole in the plastic! Luckily for us we already had the steel … Read more
- First winter in the polytunnelIn summer 2018 we invested in two 22m long polytunnels which we use to over winter plants, start seedlings off and house young plants. October progress Maintaining a constant temperature inside the tunnel is difficult as we currrently do not have any heating system in place. Ideas for next winter especially, we … Read more
- Chilli and Sweet Pepper harvesting in NovemberMisty mornings and a continuous fire means winter is well on its way. This is our first winter on the land, and we have semi-prepared. November has been an interesting month in the garden, bringing us great crops! we harvested the remainder of our chilli and sweet pepper plants and had a … Read more
- The Journey BeginsWe took the leap From City to Rural Homegrownandhopeful is the start of a a new chapter in which we said yes to an amazing opportunity to change our life from city to rural. We have taken on a small plot of land in the beautiful South of England where we are … Read more