We took the leap
From City to Rural
Homegrownandhopeful is the start of a a new chapter in which we said yes to an amazing opportunity to change our life from city to rural.
We have taken on a small plot of land in the beautiful South of England where we are growing our own fruit and vegetables, and we want to share our experiences, bad and good, on this Blog!
This is our first year and winter has arrived with sudden Force! We have been working on various projects all summer including installing two large polytunnels and building our own wormery!
Take a look at our blog for ongoing projects inspired by our desire for a sustainable lifestyle.
- Autumn In the Polytunnel
- Polytunnel Progress: Building a Heated Seed Bed
- Growing Dahlias from Seed and overwintering tubers
- 2019 Growing: Chilli and Sweet Pepper Review
- First Summer in the Polytunnel
- Growing Summer Hanging Baskets
- First Spring In the Polytunnel
- Installing the Polytunnels
- First winter in the polytunnel
- Chilli and Sweet Pepper harvesting in November
- The Journey Begins